It’s early morning at this beautiful mountain retreat, and all I can think of is how sparse it is - sparse of towels, sparse of toilet paper, sparse of furnishings, and sparse of heat. I’m trying to type under the covers and shivering as I go. Then I glance out the balcony window to watch the sky get light and realize there are excesses also. The beauty of these mountains is beyond description. On our way yesterday we drove past valleys that dropped so far you couldn’t see the bottom while the mountains rose high enough they were snow-capped and treeless. And the evergreens! On a walk yesterday afternoon the smell of the evergreens trees was incredible.
I’m concerned that another excess we’ll be experiencing is the food. We have been fed twice in Bulgaria, and I have to tell you, the food is good! For lunch yesterday we had a goat cheese sandwich on a hard roll with cucumber and tomato slices which was yummy and very filling. For supper we had mashed potatoes with sausage meat balls – in the mashed potatoes, three different kinds of soups, chicken, another meat that seemed to be a cross between chicken and pork, fresh vegetables and fruit for dessert. I tried the vegetable soup and could not believe vegetable soup could taste that good. I would have been happy if that had been all I had to eat. I asked how it was prepared and learned the secret is to use fresh vegetables with a little tomato juice and cook in a pressure cooker.
Our training starts soon, but check back soon. I’m sure I will write more soon.
Peace and love,
Joan
It sounds wonderful! Have a good training! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are scaring me a little with the "between chicken and pork" remark... ! Wow--it sounds amazing!
ReplyDelete