This was a very big day! Day 4 of training, and we found out where we will go for the rest of training - Borovan, Northeast of Vratsa. I will be with 3 COD's (Community Development people) and 2 other TEFL's (Teacher of English as a Foreign Language). We had our official dinner tonight to celebrate the end of the first week along with an introduction to Bulgarian dancing. I'm here to tell you, River Dance has nothing on these people! I hope to learn some of it while I'm here. I'm sharing some video of these incredible dancers. The costuming was beautiful as you can see in the photo.
Tomorrow we get up, eat breakfast, have a language lesson, check out and board the bus to Vratsa, which is a four-hour bus drive from here in southern Bulgaria. There we will meet our host families. Wish me luck that they like me!
By the way, my profile photo was taken here in Panichishte in the Rodope Mountains.
Peace and love, Joan
No comments:
Post a Comment