I just bumped down the stairs with my suitcase. I guess this is it - my last day in Iowa for a while. I keep thinking someone is going to show up and say, “Just kidding. You’re not really going.” But it hasn’t happened yet, so I guess I really am going.
I’m so glad I was able to see so many people while visiting family last week. My parents amaze me with their youth and vigor. My dad even organized his own 86th birthday party! Of course, it was a feast but made extra special with a deep fried turkey from his friends the Roys. I am so thankful I got to see as much of my brother and two sisters as I did. Thank you, Troy, for making the drive from Toledo twice and for bringing your family! Thank you, Denise, for taking time off to be with me! Thank you, my nieces, for being with us! Thank you, Suzanne, for getting me out walking and for organizing so much fun! Saturday night at the Oasis was a hoot. It felt so good to laugh with my sisters and old friends. Liz even sang and dedicated “Crazy” to me! I’m not sure, but she may have been expressing an opinion. (Who’s crazy? She’s the one who sang karaoke after drinking a whole can of ….Pepsi!)
I also visited my husband’s sister and her husband in Indianapolis where spring had sprung. The daffodils and crocus were blooming, the birds were singing, and it was 72 degrees! Serina did play the piano for me. No one plays Amazing Grace the way she does. Tears and goosebumps. I'm so glad I was able to spend a couple of days with them.
I stopped in Clinton, Iowa, on my way back home to visit Jacob. He took me out to eat at a very nice restaurant in LeClaire overlooking the Mississippi River. Wonderful view, wonderful food and wonderful company!
Back in north Iowa – where the snow is STILL not all melted – I have spent the week organizing and packing, and I think I’m ready…except for tomorrow morning’s goodbyes. I’m expecting that will be a bit tough.
I’ve been told that we may not have Internet access the first week we’re in Bulgaria, but I will be posting about my experiences as soon as I’m able.
Peace and love,
Joan
Travel safe. You'll be in our thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWow! That came so fast.. seems like there should still be a few weeks before you go. Good luck! I'll be praying for you and anxiously waiting to hear about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling a little weepy that I won't be hearing your wonderful laugh for a bit. As I told you before, you are my hero and I will be living my dream vicariously through you. Off you go dear friend. oxo Karen
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK adventurous Sister!! Keep us posted on every little thing. We love you & pray that God holds you in the palm of his hand each & every minute you're away!
ReplyDeletePEACE & Love,
Suzanne
Let us know when you arrive as soon as you can! I know you will enjoy every minute. Good luck, stay safe and I love you!!!
ReplyDelete