Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Greetings!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Peace to You!

It has really been fun observing all the Christmas festivities here in Bulgaria. Their traditions are very similar to ours. The collage includes some art work done by our art teacher's students and shows just how alike some of our customs are. Christmas songs play over the loud speaker at school in the mornings, and many are the same songs we sing and listen to. They even sing Jingle Bells, as you can hear in this impromptu performance:


We had our first snow this week. It melted by the next morning, but was replenished last night - with a lot of real wet and heavy stuff. The children enjoyed it, and yes, those are snowballs they're throwing on the school ground. I don't think they know what it means to "stand on the wall."

I enjoy looking at the church steeples from the third floor window through the trees.
I'm looking forward to Church services this weekend. I understand there is quite a show Christmas Eve… with fireworks! 

One last video to close:

Peace, Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment